We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 2 cups (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled carrots
- 2 cups small broccoli florets (6 ounces)
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets (4 to 5 ounces)
- 1 cup vegetable stock or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup cooked cranberry beans or other winter beans or canned drained Great Northern or cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large fresh thyme sprigs
- 18 uncooked large shrimp (for first course) or 24 uncooked large shrimp (for main course), peeled, deveined, patted dry
Bring large saucepan of water to boil. Add basil leaves and simmer 15 seconds. Using strainer or slotted spoon, transfer basil directly to blender. Add 1 teaspoon coarse salt to water in same saucepan and bring to boil. Add carrots and cook 5 minutes. Add broccoli and cauliflower, and cook until all vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes longer. Drain. Using slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to bowl of ice water and let stand until cold. Drain well. Add vegetables, vegetable stock, cranberry beans, parsley, and 1/4 cup oil to basil in blender. Puree until smooth, occasionally scraping down sides of blender with rubber spatula. Transfer pistou to medium bowl, and season to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Pistou can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm in microwave before serving.
Pour 3 cups olive oil into heavy large saucepan, and add thyme sprigs. Attach deep-fry thermometer to side of saucepan and heat oil over medium heat until thermometer registers between 165°F and 180°F. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp to hot oil and poach just until shrimp are opaque in center, adjusting heat to maintain temperature between 165°F and 180°F, about 8 minutes. Transfer shrimp to paper towels to drain.
Divide warm pistou among 4 or 6 plates. Top pistou with poached shrimp and serve.
CLASSIC TAGLIATELLE CARBONARA CLASSIC TAGLIATELLE CARBONARA CLASSIC TAGLIATELLE CARBONARA WITH OVEN ROASTED VALLEI KREEF, BROWN MUSHROOMS, ASPARAGUS AND CREAM SAUCE Chef Mynhardt stuns again with a stellar recipe that is sure to guarantee clean plates. This creamy pasta dish is paired with Vallei Kreef, mushrooms, asparagus and garlic, and will convince [. ]
Vermont Restaurant Week
A Single Pebble
133 Bank Street, Burlington 802-865-5200 map & directions | website
This authentic Chinese restaurant cooks up a mean mock eel and encourages sharing numerous dishes in traditional banquet style. Lunch is served Monday through Saturday. Dinner nightly. Dim sum on Sunday.
- Daysies Winner: Best Asian fare – 2009
- Food News: Downtown Dumplings [07.08.09]
- Feature: Spare Our Fare [01.28.09]
- Food News: Side Dishes: Chinese New Year [01.21.09]
- Food News: Side Dishes: Restos Respond To The Recession [07.01.08]
- 7 Nights Spotlight: A Single Pebble
- Food News: Side Dishes: Choosy About Chinese [08.15.07]
- Food News: Food Fights: Critical Potluck [12.27.06]
- Food News: Side Dishes: Dispatches from the food front[11.15.05]
$35 Chef's Special Tasting Menu (Chinese)
A Single Pebble will offer its special tasting menu for Restaurant Week. The menu is for the entire table and consists of smaller portions of regular menu fare, specials and dishes that will never appear anywhere else. What you will receive is up to the chef. Each dish is brought to the table as soon as it is ready and is meant to be shared family-style.
The Tasting Menu is available either vegetarian or nonvegetarian. Due to the communal nature of the meal, A Single Pebble cannot accommodate special dietary restrictions or allergies.
Below is a sample of what the menu could look like:
- Dim Sum Platter
Featuring two types of dumplings
- Mock Eel
- Double-Garlic Broccoli
- Spicy Three-River Soup
- Beijing Street Noodles
- Local, Crispy Grandmother’s Egg With Hong Kong Sauce
- Jasmine Tea Smoked Duck on Rice Cake Noodle
- Emperor's Beef
- Grand Marnier Prawns
Topped with a Candied Walnut
- Coconut-Milk Tapioca Pudding With Fresh Fruit
American Flatbread Burlington Hearth
115 St. Paul Street, Burlington𧐢-861-2999 map & directions | website
Flatbread topped with gourmet local and organic ingredients cooks before your eyes in an open, wood-fired oven. Pair it with Zero Gravity beers from the in-house brewery.